Driver's Ed Of Katy
6193 Hwy. Blvd Suite 207
Across from Katy High School in the Tiger Square Shopping Center
State requirements for teen driving are 16 two hour sessions in the classroom, 7 hours behind the wheel and 7 hours in-car observation.
After 6 hours of classroom instruction students will take the following items to the DPS office to get their permit:
- Application(obtain from DPS)
- DE-964 (which will be provided by Drivers Ed of Katy)
- Original birth certificate or certified copy
- Verification of Enrollment (VOE) -provided by student’s school
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Texas residency
- We provide all required classroom testing for our students to receive their permits.
The state requires all missed classes to be made up. If more than 5 absences, the student will be dropped from the class and enrolled in another class.
The time frame for completing the driving portion will be determined by 2 factors:
-successful completion of all 7 lessons
-how quickly the student schedules each driving lesson
School is a busy time!
Take the classroom portion online and drive from Katy High School.